Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello from your musical director!

Hello, everyone! I'm Cristina Chan, the musical director, and I am so excited for our upcoming production of Peter Pan Jr.! It is sure to be a truly magical show!
I have been musically directing shows with Hernandez Theater Workshop for about 6 years now and the shows and talent keep getting better. As musical director my job is to teach the music to the entire cast and help them with their singing. I also help run auditions and cast the shows.
In addition to working with Fredo and the gang, I also am the music teacher at Clark Mills Elementary School in Manalapan where I teach grades K-5 general music and 4th and 5th grade chorus. I also teach some private voice and piano lessons at home. As you can see I really love music ;)
Before I was a teacher I sang in many operas throughout New Jersey and in college. I graduated from Mason Gross School of the Arts of Rutgers University with a double major in music education and voice performance. I love sharing my knowledge and experiences with my students and can't wait to see Peter Pan Jr.! It's going to Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment